Thursday, January 6, 2011
1cup Urad Daal
1 Onion finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1-2 Green Chilies finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Grind urad dal coarsely in a blender.
- Now add onions,cumin, green chilies salt and baking powder and mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry a spoonful of batter till golden
- Soak these urad dal balls in sambar and serve.
chole / channa ( pressure cook it) - 3 cups
oil -3 tsp
cumin / jeelakarra - 1tsp
urad dal / minapappu - 2 tsp
ginger - garlic paste - 2tsp
cloves / cinnamon -2/ inch
onions - 2nos chopped
tomatoes - 2nos pureed
green chilli - 5- 6 chopped
coriander powder - 2tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
redchilli powder - 1 tsp
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
coriander leaves for garnishing ..
- Boil Chole in pressure cooker/Microwave till they become soft.
- On Medium Heat, Heat the Pan first and put Oil in Pan.
- Add Cumin seeds.When Cumin Seeds splutter, add Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Add chopped Onions and add a pinch of Salt and fry till they turn brown (Adding salt while frying Onions makes it quicker to fry Onions)
- Add coriander powder and fry for some time till it becomes light brown.
- Add turmeric powder & chili powder and Salt to taste.
- Add Garam Masala and Chana Masala and again fry for some time.
- Add Pureed tomatoes and fry till the oil leaves from the sides.
- Add chopped Green Chilies.
- Add Chole/Chana into the Pan without water and stir so that it gets mixed up well.
- Add the same water which was left in pressure cooker while boiling Chole/Chana .
- Cook the Chole/Chana with gravy for 8-12 min’s till gravy dries (but Chana or Masala should not burn).
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and ring Onions and Tomato.
- Serve with Puris, Parathas, Chapatis or Rice.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
corn boiled - 1 cup
aloo ( boiled & mashed ) - 1 cup
onion (chopped ) - 2
coriander leaves ( chopped )
urad dal - 2 tsp
redchilli powder - 1/2 tsp
chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
garam masala - 1/4 th tsp
leom juice - 2 tsp
oil - 1 tsp
put a pan add 1 tsp of oil add urad dal onions , corn , aloo , chaat masala , garam masala , salt , chilli pwdr and mix well .
garnish it with coriander leaves , and add lime juice over it
easy and healthy snack is ready to eat .
have a nice evening with a variety of snack and quick to make ..
dont ignore corn its healthy..........
eggs - 2
onion big ( chopped ) - 1
green chilli ( chopped ) - 2
pepper powder - lill bit
turmeric powder - lill bit
chaat masala (optional ) - lill bit
tomatoes chopped ( optional ) - 1
oil - 1 tsp
Beat the eggs and add the above ingredients and mix well
put a pan on the stove , add lill bit oil and then pour the egg mix on it and cover it and cook in a low flame ,
turn the other side and cook it ... then ur omelette is ready to eat.
omlete can be eaten along with rice as a side dish or it can be taken along with bread as bread omelette for the breakfast or for evening snack .....
egg can be done in several ways ..... anyhow dont miss egg bcos its healthy ..........:)
Basmati Rice or any rice of ur choice - 2 Cups
methi (fenugreek) leaves (chopped) 2 cups
tomatoes (chopped) - 2
ginger -garlic (paste) - 1tsp
onion ( chopped )
green chilies (chopped) - 2-3
coriander powder - 2tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp
Red chili powder to taste - 1 tsp
curry leaves , coriander leaves
Salt to taste
oil - 1tsp
wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
chopp and Wash methi properly and drain the water and keep aside
Heat oil in the cooker and add red chilli and ginger -garlic paste and fry till light brown.
then add curry leaves .
Now add onions fry and then add tomatoes, Methi, green chilies, salt, chili powder , coriander powder and turmeric powder, salt and Stir-fry for 10 minutes.
Add rice and fry well for another 5 minutes.
Add 3 1/4th cups of water and pressure cook on low flame for 3 whistles and turn it off
open the lid and add coriander leaves and mix it well
Serve hot methi pulao with chilled raita or tandoori chicken or any other gravy varieties .
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Paneer - 200 gms
onion - 2 nos
tomato - 3 nos
green chilli - 4-5 nos
ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
elachi / cardamom - 2
cloves - 2 nos
cinnamon = 1/2 inch
oil - 2tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
garama masala powder - 1 tsp
red chilli pwdr - 1 tsp
turmeric - 1/4 tsp
grind the 2 tomatoes , 1 onion , 2 green chilli , into a fine paste and keep it aside
heat a pan with 2 tsp of oil than add cumin, cloves , cinnamon , elachi , curry leaves onion and then add salt fry it little bit .
then add ginger - garlic paste and rest of green chilli chopped , fry it properly ,then add the gravy paste made, add turmeric red chilli pwdr , coriander pwdr, garam masala pwdr .
add little bit of water if necessary . cook it untill raw smell goes .
Then add paneer ( cut into small pieces ) and allow it to cook along with the gravy .
than atlast garnish with coriander leaves .
paneer masala is ready hot and delicious paneer masala goes with tandoori roti , naan , chapathi , flavoured rices also .
so cook and enjoy it