chole / channa ( pressure cook it) - 3 cups
oil -3 tsp
cumin / jeelakarra - 1tsp
urad dal / minapappu - 2 tsp
ginger - garlic paste - 2tsp
cloves / cinnamon -2/ inch
onions - 2nos chopped
tomatoes - 2nos pureed
green chilli - 5- 6 chopped
coriander powder - 2tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
redchilli powder - 1 tsp
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
coriander leaves for garnishing ..
- Boil Chole in pressure cooker/Microwave till they become soft.
- On Medium Heat, Heat the Pan first and put Oil in Pan.
- Add Cumin seeds.When Cumin Seeds splutter, add Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Add chopped Onions and add a pinch of Salt and fry till they turn brown (Adding salt while frying Onions makes it quicker to fry Onions)
- Add coriander powder and fry for some time till it becomes light brown.
- Add turmeric powder & chili powder and Salt to taste.
- Add Garam Masala and Chana Masala and again fry for some time.
- Add Pureed tomatoes and fry till the oil leaves from the sides.
- Add chopped Green Chilies.
- Add Chole/Chana into the Pan without water and stir so that it gets mixed up well.
- Add the same water which was left in pressure cooker while boiling Chole/Chana .
- Cook the Chole/Chana with gravy for 8-12 min’s till gravy dries (but Chana or Masala should not burn).
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and ring Onions and Tomato.
- Serve with Puris, Parathas, Chapatis or Rice.